Dr. P. Sumathy.,
- Ph.D (Computer Science and Applications) Gandhigram Rural University - 2015
- M.Phil (Computer Science) – Bharathidasan University - 2006
- M.Sc (Computer Science) – Bharathidasan University - 1998
- 9 Years of Teaching experience
- 3 Years of Technical experience
- Content-Based Image Retrieval
- Information Retrieval
- Data Mining
- Rough Set
- Fuzzy Sets
- Shape of Objects in Images with Similarity Measure forRetrieval Application, International Journal of
Computer Vision and Image Processing (IJCVIP), IGI Global, 2016, Accepted.(SCI)
- FOSIR: Fuzzy-Object-Shape for Image Retrieval Applications, Accepted online version available in Nuero Computing, Elsevier Science, 2016, Vol. 171(1), pp.719- 735 (impact factor: 2.083)(SCI)
- Ranking images in Web Documents based on HTML TAGs for image retrieval from WWW, International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies, Inderscience, Vol.3, No.2/3, pp.176-195, 2014. . (impact factor: 2.00)
- High-Level Semantics of Images in Web Documents Using Weighted Tags and Strength Matrix, International Journal of Computer Science, Engineering and Applications (IJCSEA), Vol.1, No.5, pp. 155-165, 2011.
- Image Retrieval from WWW using Attributes in HTML TAGs, In Proc. Of International Conference on Communication Computing and Security in NIT Rourkela, Procedia Technology, Elsevier Science, Vol. 6, pp. 509-516, 2012.
- Image Retrieval from Distributed Environment using Geometric Features, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Science and Management, Nagapattiniam, pp. 750-754, 2012. (IEEE explorer)
- Content Based Image Retrieval using Geometric feature, in Proceedings of National Conference on Signal and Image Processing (NCSIP), Gandhigram Rural Institute – Deemed University, pp.127-130, 2012.
- Capturing High-Level Semantics of Images in Web Documents Using Strength Matrix, Trends in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology Communications in Computer and Information Science, Springer, Vol. 204, Part 1, CCIS 204, pp. 287-296, 2011.
- Weighted Matrix for Associating High-Level Features with Images in Web Documents for Image Retrieval, Control, Computation and Information Systems, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Springer, Vol. 140, pp. 318-325, 2011.
- Rough Set Approach – A Data Mining Tool to Extract Knowledge Rules, in Proceedings of International conference on Advance Computing, Trichy, India, pp. 219 – 223
- Mining Maximally General Classification Rules from databases: A Rough Set Approach, in proceedings of International Conference on Modeling and Simulation, IIT-Chennai, India, pp. 188 -195
- A Technical Report on the Project on Technical Education in India, in Proceedings of International Conference on Information Management in e-Libraries, IIT- Kharagpur, India, pp. 600-607